Posts tagged with ‘animation’ include the following:
Little Old Man dance for Loop de Loop (it was too long to fit in one so I split it up)
So into this.
Also, definitely the best option for background music is this.
Doing a short animatic of Louie and his daughters for my final. Here are some rough designs from it.
I’m using the transparent skull self-portrait assignment to protest against realism.
Or to complain that I can’t do it.
Found a huge and fairly odd box of old storyboards and character sheets. (Taken with Instagram)
Because SO MANY PEOPLE (two) asked, here’s what my foley experiment sounds like with Season of the Witch mixed in.
I don’t know if you’ve seen the trailer that came out a few months ago for Laika’s new movie, Paranorman, but it’s pretty cool. They chose not to include any sound besides Donovan’s “Season of the Witch” and then a small bit at the end.
I made a Bizarro version that only has foley and sound effects.
(Here it is with the music added.)
It’s an experiment in limited means, because every one of the sound effects was done from my desk chair with materials that were in reach, except for 2 of the glass breaks, the thunder, and the zap at the end.
Edit: because SO MANY PEOPLE (my sister) asked what I used for some of the sounds, here are some of the more interesting ones:
- The bathroom tiles are a pitched up recording of me running my finger down the length of my MIDI keyboard.
- The hand coming out of the ground is a Triscuits box being punched combined with bits of candle wax being scattered on my desk.
- The hand breaking through the door is the same thing except with Scrabble tiles and pitched down.
- All of the voices were done with my mouth, as was much of the wind and the car noises and some other things.
- The leaves were done by rustling a ficus I have next to my desk.
- The cloud monster is a lot of breath coming out of my face in many layers.
Using basic things like pitching up/down, adding reverb, EQ-ing, and just layering, you can make pretty much any sound you need to without leaving your desk. Apparently.
Here’s an animatic I made for the final project in my Energy & sustainability class.
It was made in the hour before class started because I’m a good student.
Also since there was a time requirement for the presentation, I gave it like 20 seconds of intro credits.